Some of the features of Energy Command include:
- Automatic generator turn on to meet air conditioning demands for up to four units
- Regularly monitors and displays battery levels and provides power to the inverter to charge batteries
- Unique “look-ahead” feature tops off battery prior to “quiet time”
- Easily program your own “quiet time” hours and battery charging preferences
- Automatically starts/stops generator on low/full batteries
- Displays generator hour meter, maintenance reminders and diagnostic text messages for easy troubleshooting
- Safety start inhibits automatic generator starting in unsafe conditions
“Energy Command highlights Onan’s commitment to integrated system controls for RVers to manage their coach power systems,” said Ed Pickens, Onan’s mobile power systems manager. “This philosophy of customer focused integration will be characteristic of all new Onan products going forward.”
There are currently two models of the new Onan Energy Command — Energy Command 20 and Energy Command 30. Both the 20 and 30 models will automatically monitor batteries and RV generators; however, the 30 model also includes automatic generator starting functions and special safety features. Both models are compatible with Onan RV generators and any type of battery, and are designed to be easily installed by RV manufacturers at a relatively low cost.
*** A remote control for the Cummins Onan Energy Command Control Panel ***
In ‘layman’s’ terms –
This feature is quite handy in being able to set the generator to automatically come on when the batteries are low and need to be topped up (in conjunction with a battery charger), you can also set a ‘quiet time’, this means that the generator won’t start automatically during the night Eg 8.00pm to 6.00am.
This means that if the batteries are low, at 6.01am the generator will turn on automatically, and start charging the batteries.