ACDelco’s Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) Batteries undergo some of the strictest quality assessment processes to ensure high quality and outstanding reliability. With its factory-sealed, lead calcium technology, this battery is maintenance free. Our ACDelco products are suitable for a large range of applications within the automotive industry. The ACDelco Automotive range of products are suitable for most makes and models of vehicles and also includ the update technology to enhance performance.
Features & Benefits
- Sealed Maintenance Free with lead calcium expanded grids
- Built in hydrometer (most batteries) – Indicates state of charge.
- Factory-sealed – Makes these batteries maintenance free.
- Polypropylene case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-gas separator area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle – For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame arrester – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimises acid leakage, prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat sealed covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centred cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance envelope separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting / treeing between negative and positive plates as well as aid vibration durability.
- Increased battery shelf life – Compared to conventional batteries, up to 12 months shelf life without charging due to the use of calcium / calcium grids.